Privacy and cookie policies may be subject to constant change. The version published on the Platform is the only one that can be considered valid and effective at that time.
2. Personal information
Navigating the Platform, placing orders and using the services and functions offered by the Platform therefore involves the collection and use of personal data by the Platform.
During navigation, the Platform receives information about the interaction between the Platform and the user's electronic device, including: the IP address used to connect to the Platform, various details about the browser and operating system, the type of device used by the user, the pages visited on the Platform, the searches performed and other relevant data used to provide a good user experience.
Such initial data collection steps consist exclusively of the collection and use of personal information that is strictly necessary for the user to navigate the platform or to make it more efficient, in particular as regards the responsive design.
Personal data will also be requested when users register on the platform and/or complete their orders. The second stage of this data collection involves collecting personal data deemed necessary or useful to improve transactions and financial activities on the Platform.
In addition, users may be invited to provide their personal data voluntarily for various activities carried out on the Platform by third parties, which aim to use them for marketing purposes, including sending out newsletters, advertising and also for creating profiles.
Consequently, the nature of the personal data acquired may vary depending on the functions and applications used by users and customers of the Platform.
Personal data will be stored and used in accordance with applicable laws and within a time frame deemed appropriate depending on the purpose for which the personal data was originally collected and used.
Personal data we receive includes:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, telephone number, postal code or other address details) of the customer in question or the customer's billing contact.
- Information used to create your personal user account (username and password)
- Demographic information (such as: gender, job/position/work situation)
- Billing and bank details (name, billing address, credit card details, bank details for information and purchase history)
- Location data (such as data delivered from your IP address, country and postcode)
- Your actual geoposition from your mobile device.
- Clickstream data and other information about your online activities (such as information about your different devices, browser steps and usage patterns), which we access through your cookies, beacons and similar technologies (see our description of cookies and similar technologies below);
- Personal information in forums, blogs, or reviews that you have provided and that we can access from public sources (such as social media sources)
- Information related to classroom or online training, which also includes completed programs and certificates;
- information necessary to provide support (contact details, chat service, support details and activity history);
- Personal information contained in content you submit to us (such as through our "contact us" service or when using a product or service) and;
- other personal data we obtain through our service.
Please note that the provision of information to us is voluntary. If you choose not to provide us with certain information, we may not be able to offer you certain products or services, and you may not be able to use certain features of our Platform.
How we use personal information
We use the information we receive to:
- Administer and perform our products and services (including: the website and applications you have registered for);
- To process and fulfill orders linked to our products and services, and to keep you updated on your order status;
- help you complete a transaction or order, and provide customer support;
- invoice you for the products and services you have purchased;
- provide training, support and consultancy services;
- create and manage your Juno Go account;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (for example, by administering, developing, and improving our products and services; managing our communications and customer relationships; and conducting accounting, auditing, billing, balance sheet and profit and loss activities);
- conduct data analysis (such as research, trend analysis, financial analysis and customer segmentation);
- communicate with you about your account and your orders (including sending you emails related to your registration, account status, booking confirmations, renewal and expiry notices and other important information);
- carry out marketing and sales activities (including sending offers, tips, following up on potential marketing ideas, conducting market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and managing our brand);
- communicate with you about, and administer participation in, events, programs, offers and surveys;
- ensure your identity, protect your account against unauthorised activity or use of our service;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other illegal activity, claims and liability;
- obey and maintain relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- Maintain and improve the security of our platform, products, services, network services, information resources and employees; and
- respond to your requests.
We may combine data collected from you with other sources to help us improve the accuracy of our marketing and communications, as well as to help us personalize our interactions with you. This includes combining personal information we obtain through online sources with information we obtain offline, as well as other information (such as referral links), for the purposes described above. We may anonymize or aggregate personal information to use it for the purposes described above, and for other purposes to the extent permitted by law. We may also use personal data for other purposes that we specify at the time of collection. We will ask for your consent for these extended purposes as required by law. Where required by applicable law, we will ask for your consent for the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
The controller of personal information ("Controller") collected and used by the Platform, including the website <linkjunoverse> https://go. junoverse. app/</linkjunoverse>, is Juno AG, Roesslistrasse 12, 9056 Gais, Switzerland.
Privacy notices and cookie policies can be communicated by email to:[email protected]/resources/
The processing of personal data takes place within the corporate and organisational structure of the controller.
The personal data collected and used for profiling and direct marketing purposes will be stored and used only when deemed necessary and until the user withdraws his/her consent and in any case only within the time frame specified in the original provisions and within the framework of any legal and administrative provisions. At the end of the retention period, the personal information concerned will be deleted or made anonymous permanently.
Personal data collected will be accessible only by those persons specifically authorised to do so by the controller and by any controlled entities involved in the processing of data, specifically designated as data processors by the controller.
4. Disclosure of personal information
We do not sell or disclose personal information about you, except in circumstances previously described here or where you gave your consent. Juno may share your personal data in the following ways:
- If sharing your data is necessary to provide you with a product, service or information you have requested;
- as part of a joint sales campaign or to pass on sales services to our partners;
- to update you on the latest products, software updates, special offers or other information we think you may be interested in;
- with our customers and partners to inform them of their users' use of our service (such as when a user has earned credits or completed a course);
- with our partners we have involved in providing services on our behalf (such as payment processing, order fulfillment, customer service, customer relationship services and data analytics). These service providers are contractually bound to securely store this information and are prohibited from using or disclosing such information accessed in ways that are not necessary for the service they are performing for the company, or to be in compliance with the law;
- with approved Juno partners, in order to provide services and products to you; and
We may also disclose personal information about you if (1) we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law, regulation or legal process (such as pursuant to a court order or subpoena), (2) to law enforcement or other government authorities in order to comply with a lawful request, (3) when we determine that disclosure of the information is necessary to avoid physical harm or financial loss to Juno Go, its users or the public, as required by law; (4) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and (5) in connection with an investigation of a suspected or confirmed crime, illegal activity, security or technology problem.
In addition, we reserve the right to share information about you with relevant third parties in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets (which also includes a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or bankruptcy) or other business transaction.
We may also share the information in other ways for which we have asked specific permission at the time of collection, in accordance with the law.
5. Users' rights regarding their personal data
All users have the right to receive confirmation of the collection or use of personal data from the Platform, even if the user is not registered.
Users have the right to:
- add, change or complete their personal information;
- interrupt, anonymously modify or block their personal data if they are processed in violation of applicable law;
- request the rectification or erasure of personal data or to restrict the processing of their personal data;
- obtain the personal data relating to him or her which he or she has provided to the controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transfer those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller who provided the personal data.
6. Security measuresThe Platform adopts the security measures required by applicable law in order to ensure the protection of the user's personal data, including, for example, device authentication measures (if necessary), processes for managing credentials, authorisation systems, processes for keeping backups and for retrieving access to data and systems. Furthermore, personal data are processed only if necessary for the purposes for which they were collected and for which they were subsequently processed.
Cookies are small text strings ("Cookies") that the Platform or third parties not affiliated with the Platform ("Third Parties") send to the user's device, where they are stored for various purposes.
Some types of Cookies only work to allow browsing on this Platform or to activate basic functions, as in the case of navigation, the session of functional Cookies, which allow the user to navigate based on a number of selected criteria, such as the preferred language or the products selected for purchase. These are defined as "Technical Cookies".
Disabling technical cookies are the so-called "profiling cookies", which are used to profile by processing the user's personal data. The prior consent of the user concerned is strictly required for the use of profiling cookies and is always optional. These cookies are not strictly necessary to navigate the Platform.
The Platform has no access to or control over cookies or other tracking technologies used by third parties that are available to the Platform and cannot ensure that third parties comply with privacy laws.
8. How to disable cookies
All major browsers allow you to control and disable cookies through their settings